Monday, June 30, 2008

The Incredable Hulk (2008)


Let me preface this by saying I have seen the film twice now. The first time was late one night while my wife was out of town. I headed down to the local theater and payed my money to the man. Going in with expectations high, due to the total failure of the last Hulk film and the total success of Iron Man. Needless to say I was very happy. The opening title sequence sets up the back story very well. They also touch on it through out the movie. If you were a fan AT ALL of the old TV series you will notice all kinds of references to people and things from that series. Lou Ferrigno has a cameo and of course Stan Lee.
From the beginning it was exciting, Edward Norton was a brilliant Bruce Banner, Yet again another wonderful performance. Liv Tyler was ok, all she has going for her is the pouty lip thing thanks to her father.
But back to the film. It was a ride I had to take twice, the villain was pretty wicked, his name is Abomination. Really there was nice character development and the tease at the end was something you need to see. So go check it out!

Matt Worley

No comments: