Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sweeney Todd (2008 DVD)


Sweeney Todd was released on DVD April 1st, No Joke. Katie and I saw this in the theaters right when it came out, and we really enjoyed it. Granted, it has pretty graphic bloody violence. Which wasn't much worse then Sleepy Hollow. The combination of Burton, Carter and Depp was spectacular, throw in some Sondheim music and WHAM you got a great film.
Being a fan of the film I had to buy the Special Edition, if you haven't been able to tell yet I'm a movie geek. First thing I decided to do was watch all the bonus stuff because that is the telling point of good pre-production. They knew this film would be good, so the production value that went into the special features was excellent! Among some of the bonus features are a press conference, the making of, The history of The Demon Barber and a whole lot more. The latter was brilliant! My recommendation is to go buy this film, whether you get the standard version or the special edition.
The film it self is 116 Min. the bonus material is well, they never tell you how much there is, but there is a lot!
Matt Worley

1 comment:

Katie said...

I was a big fan of this movie. I really enjoyed the music, I loved Johnny Depp as the bad guy. Everything was well played. I thought it was well casted. The imagery was done in true Tim Burton style. I recommend the movie, but...if you don't like a lot of blood, then maybe think about something else to watch over the weekend.